Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Twilight to True Blood

I blame my sisters for my love for all things vampire. They talked up Twilight for months before I gave in. Finally I sat down to watch the movie. I don't know if it was Kristin Stewart's I-hate-everything attitude, or Rob Pattinson's cutie face but I was hooked. Unfortunately New Moon left me lost, confused and in a vampireless world... It might have been that 5 minute scan of Bella moping in a chair for twelve months that left me so depleted (just sayin). major mope.

Luckily that passion never does quite die, it's like magic or a miracle, but magic is a miracle... So says True Blood star, Stephen Moyer. True Blood has got me and my b racking up the megavideo minutes leaving us searching for links, downloads and quick itunes purchases just so we can catch the next few minutes of an episode. We've gone through 5 epis of season 1 in two days. Just can't stop. It's that badass nature of their vampire world - the darkness, mysteriousness, temptation, blood and sexual tension (and the really graphic sex scenes) that instantly pulls and locks an innocent mortal like us in.

We have a lot of catching up to do... True Blood's third season recently premiered on June 13 of this year and the show itself has been running since 2008.  Checkout HBO's insider look of "what's to come" - obvs I refuse to look. I want every episode to be as good or better than the last and so far the show hasn't let me down.

The star of the show, Ms. Anna Paquin, is - I'm happy to say - Canadian born! It seems that our stars and celebs go quietly under the radar but are always super talented, beautiful and intelligent. She recently disclosed some dirty deets to the HuffPost on her love life (with co-star Stephen Moyer) and some of the hot hot hot and heavy sex scenes in the show. Check it out here.

The main stars of the show also graced the cover of Entertainment Weekly


And pllllleeasse tune in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment